Interested in becoming a member of one of the Finest Volunteer Fire Departments in the State of Kentucky?
Want to be a local hero?
Being a volunteer firefighter offers one reward few others can match. It takes a special person to fill the boots of a volunteer firefighter. That's why we need people with a strong desire to help others, and people with the courage and dedication to do the job.
Because the job is so important, we make sure that our firefighters are expertly trained and properly equipped to get the job done.
So if you want to do something important for your community and are willing to take on the challenge, stop by Shelby Co Station 1 at 200 Alpine Drive and talk to us, or follow the link below to fill out an online application.
Volunteer Firefighter Benefits:
- All Personal Protective Equipment Provided
- All Training Provided
- Workmans Compensation Inisurance
- $2,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Through KFA
- Response and Training Nominal Fee Provided
- Access to Fitness Equipment and Weightroom
- Fire Department assistance with Emergency Equipment for Vehicle
- Digital Pagers
- Must be at Least 18 Years of Age at Time of Application
- Must have a Valid Kentucky Driver's License
- Must have the use of A Four Wheeled Vehicle for Response
- Must have Liability Insurance on Personal Vehicle
- Must Live Within the Shelby County Fire District
Transfer Firefighter Requirements:
- Same requirements as above. But, in order to skip Recruit School you must have at least 250 hours of firefighter training and be able to pass the entrance examination.
- Must complete the Orientation Program